Türkiye Scholarships is a government-funded, competitive scholarship program, awarded to outstanding applicants from countries outside Türkiye to pursue a full-time degree and short-term programs at prestigious universities in Türkiye.
Applications to Türkiye Scholarships is online and free, where candidates are able to apply via the website www.turkiyeburslari.gov.tr.
Türkiye Scholarships applications are received in one period, and applications are open between January 10- February 20 every year for international students from all countries. Applications can be made in 6 languages; Turkish, Arabic, English, French, Russian and Bosnian.
The scholarship covers university placement, tuition fee, monthly stipend, once-off flight ticket, accommodation, health insurance, and one year Turkish language course.
WHAT THE SCHOLARSHIP COVERS
The monthly allowance allocated according to level of study is as follows:
- Undergraduate Students : 3,500 TL
- Master’s Students : 5,000 TL
- D. Students : 6,500 TL
- Research Scholarships : 12,000 TL
Türkiye Scholarships students can stay in public university dormitories without paying any fees. Master and PhD level students who do not wish to stay in these dormitories can opt for other housing options by taking monthly cash accommodation support.
TUITION AND FEES
Türkiye Scholarships students do not pay any tuition or university fees.
Türkiye Scholarships students’ health expenses are covered by public health insurance.
TURKISH LANGUAGE COURSE
Türkiye Scholarships Students are subject to a Turkish language course for one year if they do not have proof of Turkish Language proficiency. Türkiye Scholarships students who will study a program in other languages instead of Turkish are also required to take the Turkish Language Course.
TRAVEL EXPENSES (ONE-OFF FLIGHT TICKET)
Türkiye Scholarship students are provided with a one-time ticket for their first arrival in Türkiye and for their departure after completing their study. If the student purchases the ticket themselves, the amount will be reimbursed later on.
- MINIMUM ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT
- For undergraduate candidates: 70%
- For graduate candidates: 75%
- For candidates of Health Sciences (Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy): 90%
- AGE CRITERIA
- For undergraduate programs: being under the age of 21
- For master’s programs: being under the age of 30
- For PhD programs: being under the age of 35
- For Research Scholarship: being under the age of 50
For applications made online through the Türkiye Scholarships Application System (TBBS), all candidates must upload the following documents to the system:
- A valid identity document, ID card or passport
- A photograph of the candidate taken within the last 1 year
- National exam results (if any)
- Diploma or temporary graduation certificate
- International exam results (GRE, GMAT, SAT, etc.) if required by the chosen university or program
- International language test results such as TOEFL, DELF if required by the chosen university or program
- A proposal for a research topic and a written example of the research you have carried out (only for PhD applications)